Friday, July 31, 2009

Ingredients

 This was the first meal I ever cooked for my hubby (not my hubby at the time). I wanted something that was yummy, but easy and didn't set the bar too high -- there was plenty of time for me to wow him with my culinary greatness!

 

The other night I cooked it for my 17 month old son for the first time, thinking there's no way he would like it ... and he did! He couldn't get enough of it. My picky eater was eating chicken and veggies!! Awesome. Now I just have to find more dishes like it. Yummy for the whole family!

 

Wowie Maui Chicken





Ingredients


4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes


2-1/2 cups Low-sodium, reduced-fat chicken broth


1 can (14oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained


1-1/2 cups Uncooked long grain white or brown rice


3/4 cup Finely chopped carrots


1/2 cup Each chopped sweet red and green pepper


1/3 cup Ketchup


2 tbsp Each brown sugar, reduced-sodium soy sauce, and white vinegar


2 cloves Garlic, minced


3/4 cup Chopped green onions




Preparation


Spray a large saucepan with non-stick spray. Add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink.


Add remaining ingredients except green onions. Stir well. Bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium-low. cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until rice is tender (if using brown rice, make sure it is the quicker-cooking variety, but not instant). Stir occasionally.


Stir in green onions during the last five minutes of cooking time. Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment